Salome wayland session not opening debian/ubuntu based system

Hello,
I am facing the same issue as mentioned here:

having the same error message when I run ./salome (or ./mesa_salome)

X Error of failed request: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)
Major opcode of failed request: 3 (X_GetWindowAttributes)
Resource id in failed request: 0xe
Serial number of failed request: 10
Current serial number in output stream: 11

is there any solution that does not involve fall back to X11 for the hole system?
(also for extra info, my sat output is OK for everything)
this is happening with the ubuntu specific. I just tested with the universal, in this case it works with the exception of the explode function in GEOM
regards

Hello Franco,

to make Explode work, try to add these extra libraries extra_libs.tgz (1,2 Mo) for the universal binaries.

Extract them in SALOME-9.12.0/BINARIES-CO7 and add in salome after system_dep:

context.addToLdLibraryPath(out_dir_Path + r"/BINARIES-CO7/extra_libs")

Christophe

Hello christophe,
thanks for your help, this solved the problems with explode function, just a small detail for others that might have the same issue there is a missing ā€œ/ā€ in the line of code to add the correct line is:
context.addToLdLibraryPath(out_dir_Path + r"/BINARIES-CO7/extra_libs")
and to insert directly in the correct location (for new users out there)

salome_folder=SALOME-9.12.0
cd $salome_folder
sed -i 's|# context.addToLdLibraryPath(out_dir_Path + r"/BINARIES-CO7/system_dep/gl")|# context.addToLdLibraryPath(out_dir_Path + r"/BINARIES-CO7/system_dep/gl")\n    context.addToLdLibraryPath(out_dir_Path + r"/BINARIES-CO7/extra_libs")|' "./mesa_salome"

regards

Thank you Franco for the feedback. I have added the missing / to my message.

Christophe

1 Like

Hello christophe,
with the universal version, if I do some manipulations (go to geom-> create a primitive ā†’ go to mesh ā†’ create mesh of primitive), when I go to close the program and select not save. I am getting several errors of ā€˜SIGSEGV ā€˜segmentation violationā€™ detected. address Xā€™ with X values being [0, 0, 30, 8].
I donā€™t care a lot about the errors themselves, as I can hit okey but the issue is that (sometimes yes sometimes no) the next time I open salome , ALL my toolbars in geom and mesh (disappear and I need to re activate them one by one).
if you donā€™t have clues on how to solve this, what is the file that saves the setup of the toolbars in salome? if necessary I could delate it (so it goes back to default) or make a copy and overwrite after each close of salomeā€¦

Hello Franco,

to retrieve the original position of the toolbars, you can delete the files SalomeApprc.* in $HOME/.config/salome but you will use other preferences. If you want to keep other preferences, you can edit the last file and only remove the windows_geometry section.

Christophe

Concerning the Wayland issue, maybe someone could test the following to see whether it resolves the reported issue.

export QT_OPENGL_NO_SANITY_CHECK=1
   ./salome

Thanks

Hello @NabilG
I can confirm that stills same behavior,
I am getting the following error after trying to open any module (with ./salome and ./mesa_salome) over wayland session.
my complete OS info:

kde plasma version 6.0.4
kde frameworks version 6.1.0
qt version 6.7.0
kernel version 6.5.0-10036-tuxedo (64 bit)
session wayland

X Error of failed request:  BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)
  Major opcode of failed request:  3 (X_GetWindowAttributes)
  Resource id in failed request:  0xe
  Serial number of failed request:  10
  Current serial number in output stream:  11

from sat tool, it looks like I have all the dependencies

1 Like