Can't load meshers plugin lib NETGENENGINE.dll

Hi, I’m new to Salome. I am unable to use the NETGENEN mesher. I’ve looked into the solution provided in this post but couldn’t get it to work. I’ve also tried removing python completely from my PC and reinstalling just Salome from scratch (both as admin as well as local user), but the issue persists.

please share following information:

• directory in which you installed SALOME
  • output of: echo %PATH% command line that you run in a CMD terminal.

Regards.

Ohh thank you so much for the prompt response. Here are the details,

• C:\SALOME-9.13.0

• C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0;C:\Windows\System32\OpenSSH;C:\Users<user_name>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps;C:\Users<user_name>\AppData\Local\Programs\VSCodium\bin

Note that this is after reinstalling VScodium & Python. The last directory entry was not there when I tried without both the other applications.

try the following:

• edit run_salome.bat and right before

SET out_dir_Path=%~dp0

add (here we simply remove from PATH potential conflicts from your additional applications):

set PATH=C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0;C:\Windows\System32\OpenSSH

• Then use run_salome.bat to launch SALOME (either double click, or run call run_salome.bat)

If it still fails, you need then to check why this DLL cannot be loaded.
To do this, please refer to this thread which explains how to proceed with this issue: SF-521.

Note that it might simply be a question of Visual C++ redistributable which can be downloaded at this link.

HTH

It is not working. I’ve already tried the techniques mentioned in that issue, except for the Visual C++ (I didn’t see that comment at the end). I’ll try it out and let you know promptly.

Can confirm that installing Visual C++ latest release solved the issue. Thank you for the help!

1 Like