About the Use of the platform category

Discussions on the use of the SALOME platform, on tips, tricks or workarounds

Can someone please point me to the github page of salome-platform?

My installation is markedly different from the help files. My version is 9.12. The documentation mentions Themes (Theme — GUI 9.12.0 documentation), Add & remove Modules buttons (Add/remove modules dynamically — GUI 9.12.0 documentation).

None of those are visible in my installation of Salome.

I thought something(dependency) might be missing in my system.

I read here (3. What do I need to install on my workstation to run or build SALOME? - SALOME PLATFORM) that using SAT tool after installation will help mitigate issues and install any dependencies, but when I run that command in my command prompt
./sat config SALOME-9.8.0 --check_system
I get an error "." is not recognised as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

The forums are a bit slow in responding, stackoverflow has virtually nothing on Salome. So I would like to search the github issues/discussions for more details. Can someone please please please point me in the right direction?

Hi,
replying to some of your questions:

Add & remove Modules buttons (Add/remove modules dynamically — GUI 9.12.0 documentation).

This feature is not supported in this release. Thus it should not be used, since anyhow you’re missing these so called .salomex files. This feature is a work in progress feature and will be operational in one future SALOME release.

Then, concerning this second point:

I read here (3. What do I need to install on my workstation to run or build SALOME? - SALOME PLATFORM) that using SAT tool after installation will help mitigate issues and install any dependencies, but when I run that command in my command prompt
./sat config SALOME-9.8.0 --check_system

The mentionned command line should read in case of an Ubuntu 22 SALOME 9.12 archive:

cd  SALOME-9.12.0-native-UB22.04-SRC
./sat/sat config SALOME-9.12.0-native --check_system

This command will check whether some of the system prerequisites are indeed installed on your Linux distribution, here Ubuntu 22.04. In case some of them are not found, they will be reported as missing and you will have to install them.

If you experience issues running this command line, do not hesitate to raise the issue on this forum.

HTH.

Hi NabilG,
Thank you for replying.

I am using Windows 10, not Ubuntu. I installed it using the .exe installer file.
When I type the following at command prompt, I get the following error.

D:\SAL>./sat/sat config SALOME-9.12.0-native --check_system
'.' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

D:\SAL is where I installed the programme to.

Shall I install a previous version? 9.11 maybe? will that have bugs fixed? I installed 9.12 since it said STABLE release.

This command line is implemented on Linux only.
Assuming that you are not running WSL on Windows and that you’re using the SALOME Windows distribution, there is in principle no need to install any extra package.The only required additional layer is Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable and you seem to have it already installed.
Regards

1 Like

Thank you. I thought SAT was needed for windows also, to ensure problem-free operation.