SALOME 9.12.0 release

Hi,

CEA, EDF and OPEN CASCADE are pleased to announce SALOME version 9.12.0. It is a public release that contains the results of planned major and minor improvements and bug fixes against SALOME version 9.11.0 released in July 2023.

See SALOME 9.12.0 Release Notes for more details about this release.

Pre-compiled binaries of SALOME 9.12.0 for supported platforms, as well as universal Linux binary packages, can be retrieved from the download page of the site.

Best regards,

The SALOME team

4 Likes

Bonjour,
Je ne parviens pas à télécharger la version pour Ubuntu 20.04 (cf. message ci-dessous). Pas de soucis pour la version 22.04, mais j’ai besoin de cette 20.04 aussi. Pouvez-vous réparer le lien de téléchargement ?

Bien cordialement,
Loïc Chevallier.

1 Like

Bonjour Loïc,

C’est corrigé maintenant. Merci de nous l’avoir signalé.

Christophe

Hello, Mr. Bourcier.

Could you please let me know where to find updated documentation for version 9.12?
I have posted some questions here and here. I am currently waiting for replies. Hope I will get a few over the weekend, when people have free time.

I am finding the discrepancies between the software and the documentation to be highly confusing.

I personally feel the FAQ section in the Salome-Platform website could be made clearer, especially for new-comers. In FAQ Nos 1 and 3 of Building and Installing, there are references to SAT, a programme that can search for missing dependencies and install them. But I have searched the website a lot, and have not found the download for the SAT tool.

Please help!

for the SAT tool have look at this post, hopes it helps Several issues with Salome 9.12 in tuxedOs - #20 by Trophime

Is it normal that the download for Windows takes ages?
I’m trying to download the 2.8 GB .zip file and it’s saying “9 hours”

I’ve tested my connection and I have a normal (fast) connection and can download these files at a normal speed on other sites.

Thanks!

HI,

I tried yesterday and today. Download took around 5 or 10 minutes from France. It seems fast enough.

Christophe