Salome Meshing module persistant issue

Hello all,

I need an urgent help with Salome. I am using Salome to generate a geometry and its meshing to export it then in a .MED file to use in other FEA softwares such as Cast3m.
I first installed the recent verstion of Salome-meca 2023 with asterstudy to discover the astercode. It worked for a while (one hour) but then crashed. When I go from geometry module to meshing module the GUI interface turned to black and this error appears:
OpenGL context reports version 4.5 but does not export required functions for 4.5 (glGetnCompressedTexImage) Please report this issue to OpenGL driver vendor ‘intel’.

Here are the things I tried but it did not work:
1- Checking the intel driver and install the latest version
2- Installing/unstalling different versions of Salome-meca and SALOME alone
3-Trying with different laptops and brand with different versions of: Windows 10 professional, Windows 11 Home
4-Installing the PyQt tools and the Qt tools
5-Changing the Path

all these tricks did not work! If the error massage disappears and get replaced by another one which is:
This application failed to start because it could not find or load the qt platform plugin "windows ".

However the symptoms are still there: black GUI window in module Mesh. The only module that seems fine is the Geometry (CAO). But I cant at all generate the meshing niether displaying it since the GUI window is black.

Does this lead to the conclusion that it might come from Salome itself? Can anyone help with this problem?

Thank you very much in advance
I appreciate your prompt help

Hello Elia,

I don’t know the specificity of SalomeMeca and I’m speaking about SALOME only.
I’m also assuming you are on Windows.
The OpenGL issue is usually related to graphic card driver as you seems to be award of.
If updating the driver does not solve the issue, here are some other things you can try:

• run the mesa version using run_mesa_salome.bat
  • if you have more than one graphic card, configure SALOME to use the most performant one

A simple test to check that everything is ok, is to type “import salome_test” in the console of SALOME. it will run quick tests on main modules.

When you say “black GUI window in module Mesh”, if you are talking about the background in the VTK view like in your screen copy, then it is normal.