Salome 9.9 on Ubuntu 20.04: salome command not found

Hi everyone!

I extracted Salome 9.9 on Ubuntu 20.04 without any message of error whatsoever. I open up a terminal in the directory and when I execute the command salome, I got a message ‘command not found’. I searched online if I could find some discussion about this issue and I found none.

I’m puzzled since the installation from the extraction with the tar command went successfully.

Do you have any clue on what could be the issue? I know it’s seems vague and general, but that the only message I had. Maybe with some sort of a procedure it could help to pin point the issue.

Thank for your help!

Regards,

salome is an executable script inside the folder.
did you run salome or ./salome
F.

Thank you very much for replying!

I forgot to mention in my first post that the issue was with the file SALOME-9.9.0-native-UB20.04-SRC.tar.gz (Ubuntu 20).

I downloaded the file SALOME-9.7.0.tar.gz(Linux Universal), extracted it and the command ./salome work! Salome launch properly.

But, with the last release (SALOME-9.9.0.tar.gz, Linux Universal), I got a message ‘permission denied’. So, I can’t open a terminal in the directory. It probably an admin setting but I don’t know why it occur with this version and not with SALOME-9.7.0?

Regards,

Maybe try it manually
Open a terminal, go in a working directory where you have rights.
copy SALOME-9.9.0-native-UB20.04-SRC.tar.gz in this directory
Then:
tar xfz SALOME-9.9.0-native-UB20.04-SRC.tar.gz
cd SALOME-9.9.0-native-UB20.04-SRC
./salome

If you have problems check your native prerequisites with command
sat/sat config SALOME-9.9.0 --check_system
and install what’s missing.

regards
Nicolas

Hi Nicolas!

Sorry for late reply.

I did the exact procedure that you suggested with the last release (SALOME-9.9.0) in a working directory where I have rights, but for the Linux Universal version. And then like I said in the last post, I got a message ‘permission denied’.

So, I followed the same procedure with the other version, the one that you mention in your post (SALOME-9.9.0-native-UB20.04-SRC.tar.gz), and here is what I got:

ERROR:salomeContext:Unexpected error:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/rene/Salome/SALOME-9.9.0-native-UB20.04-SRC/BINARIES-UB20.04/SALOME/bin/salome/salomeContext.py", line 281, in _startSalome
    res = getattr(self, command)(options) # run appropriate method
  File "/home/rene/Salome/SALOME-9.9.0-native-UB20.04-SRC/BINARIES-UB20.04/SALOME/bin/salome/salomeContext.py", line 368, in _sessionless
    import setenv
  File "/home/rene/Salome/SALOME-9.9.0-native-UB20.04-SRC/BINARIES-UB20.04/KERNEL/bin/salome/setenv.py", line 26, in <module>
    import orbmodule
  File "/home/rene/Salome/SALOME-9.9.0-native-UB20.04-SRC/BINARIES-UB20.04/KERNEL/bin/salome/orbmodule.py", line 30, in <module>
    from nameserver import NamingServer
  File "/home/rene/Salome/SALOME-9.9.0-native-UB20.04-SRC/BINARIES-UB20.04/KERNEL/bin/salome/nameserver.py", line 26, in <module>
    from server import Server
  File "/home/rene/Salome/SALOME-9.9.0-native-UB20.04-SRC/BINARIES-UB20.04/KERNEL/bin/salome/server.py", line 25, in <module>
    from salome_utils import getHostName
  File "/home/rene/Salome/SALOME-9.9.0-native-UB20.04-SRC/BINARIES-UB20.04/KERNEL/bin/salome/salome_utils.py", line 39, in <module>
    import psutil
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'psutil'

So, I use the command that you also suggested, sat/sat config SALOME-9.9.0 --check_system, and here is the message I got:

/usr/bin/env: ‘python’: No such file or directory

I check the python version I got with the command python3 -V and the version Python 3.8.10 is installed.

I have no clue how I could resolve this issue.

Regards,