SALOME 9.13.0 release

Hi,

CEA, EDF and OPEN CASCADE are pleased to announce SALOME version 9.13.0. It is a public release that contains the results of planned major and minor improvements and bug fixes against SALOME version 9.12.0 released in Januar 2023.

Read SALOME 9.13.0 Release Notes for more details about this release.

Pre-compiled binaries of SALOME 9.13.0 for supported platforms, as well as universal Linux binary packages, can be retrieved from the download page of the site.

Best regards,

The SALOME team

4 Likes

Hi! Curious to know if when using meshio it is also possible to export the tags (groups) alongside the mesh?

1 Like

Thank you! Is it possible to use the Boundary layer generation algorithm that is native of NETGEN in this release?

Hi,

we have not tested all meshio formats. Please test for the format you want and report to us or to meshio.

Christophe

Hi,

we have not tried Netgen’s built-in boundary layer algortihm yet. It is still the one from SALOME.

Christophe

Hi! Thanks to all involved in this new release of the Salome platform!

I have tried to download the precompiled Windows 10 versions (both .exe and .zip), but have not been successful.

It appears to me that the download files to which links point to are inexistent on the file server?

Thanks for any help or suggestion on how to proceed!

Best regards,

Thiago.

Hi,

indeed, there is something bad on the server side, we are investigating the problem.

Best regards,

Christophe

1 Like

Concerning mesh formats, I am not sure what the holdup would be in salome since netcdf and moab format specifications are open source. Would it be as simple as writing a plugin with the relevant data structures since the data exists already? Even exodus has an api though on the other hand med has an api for loading data and perhaps the codes you are interested in could be extended with this.

Hi,

download issues have been solved. You should be able to download SALOME now.

Christophe

Hi,

Thank you for the feedback and attention to the issue!

Best regards,

Thiago