SALOME 9.11 installation issue on Ubuntu 22.04

Dear All,
I am trying to launch Salome 9.11 on Ubuntu 22.04 and it does not work. I have downloaded SALOME-9.11.0-native-UB22.04-SRC ec62885173c137ca0fcb09c4597e23a8.tar.gz, unzipped the archive and when I go in the folder and launch ./salome, i have the following message which appears :

ERROR:salomeContext:Unexpected error:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/home/pierre/Documents/SALOME-9.11.0-native-UB22.04-SRC/BINARIES-UB22.04/SALOME/bin/salome/salomeContext.py”, line 294, in _startSalome
res = getattr(self, command)(options) # run appropriate method
File “/home/pierre/Documents/SALOME-9.11.0-native-UB22.04-SRC/BINARIES-UB22.04/SALOME/bin/salome/salomeContext.py”, line 381, in _sessionless
import setenv
File “/home/pierre/Documents/SALOME-9.11.0-native-UB22.04-SRC/BINARIES-UB22.04/KERNEL/bin/salome/setenv.py”, line 26, in
from launchConfigureParser import verbose
File “/home/pierre/Documents/SALOME-9.11.0-native-UB22.04-SRC/BINARIES-UB22.04/KERNEL/bin/salome/launchConfigureParser.py”, line 31, in
from salome_utils import verbose, getPortNumber, getHomeDir
File “/home/pierre/Documents/SALOME-9.11.0-native-UB22.04-SRC/BINARIES-UB22.04/KERNEL/bin/salome/salome_utils.py”, line 39, in
import psutil
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named ‘psutil’

I thought about an issue with the dependency, so i ran the following command in the sat folder :
./sat config SALOME-9.11.0-native --check_system

and i obtain :
/usr/bin/env: «python»: Aucun fichier ou dossier de ce type (in French)

I am a bit stucked… any idea to fix it ?

Thank you !
Pierre

You need to nstall: python-is-python3.

Hello NabilG,
Thank you for your answer ! I have installed python-is-python3 which allowed me to launch ./sat config SALOME-9.11.0-native --check_system. Thus it was possible to have the list of the package to install to launch salome (the list was a bit long :). Once the packages necessary are installed… it works !
Thank you very much so, problem fixed.

Regards,
Pierre

Hi PierreLCV, NabilG

I got the same problem at running ./salome in the terminal, I try to install python-is-python3. but Can you explain the command to execute?

I executed sudo apt-get install python-is-python3, and try to launch ./salome, and still not working, I check the python version about it, and Python is 3.10.13 and for Python3 is 3.10.13, do I need to Install more extentions to run ./salome?

To check everything, I read at READ ME file, to launch:
./sat/sat config SALOME-9.11.0-native --check_system

At terminal answer was:

Error :
linux_distribution was removed from platform module in Python 3.8+
For python 3.8+ sat requires distro module to get information on linux distribution.

Did you have the same problem ?

Regards

F.S

Deat afsilveravi,
I am sorry I did not faced to this issue… However, it appears that install python-is-python3 was not enough for me to be able to launch SALOME. But after installed all the packages necessary it worked. For my side, the command
gave me the list of packages to install and after that it worked…
What do you have when you try to run ./salome ?

Best regards,
Pierre

Hi Pierre,
I’m trying to install/run Salome 9.11 on Kubuntu 22.04.
I’m, trying to run

in the Konsole, but it does not work.
Could you please indicate me, where do I have to run this command?

Thanks in advance, Max

Dear Max,
Thank you for your message !
Which error do you have when you run
from the relevant folder ?

Thank you !
Pierre

Hi Pierre, thanks for your quick reply!

This is my console output from bash in Kubuntu 22.04:

happy@happyhippo:~/SALOME/SALOME-9.11.0$ ./sat config SALOME-9.11.0 --check_system
bash: ./sat: Is a directory

(As a sidenote, when I try to run salome from bash with ./salome,
then it appears to start, a splashcrenn shows briefly, and it hoes away and thats all.)

Sorry Pierre, it has worked now.
I went into the sat subfolder and tried again the same command.
Anyway, thanks for your reply ::-):

Dear All,

Typing this command

I got this message:

/usr/bin/env: ‘python’: No such file or directory

I bet python is installed on the system, not as user. But this is just a bet. :expressionless:
Do you know how to change the path? What to install?

Greetz LM

python3 is in fact installed in /usr/bin/python3

I have tried the apt-cache show python-is-python3 command, but didn´t solved the issue.

my colleague has the same path /usr/bin/python3 , which works properly in his working station! Weird :roll_eyes:

Any idea?

Note the message I obtain when I run salome is the following

No module named ‘salomeContextUtils’

Dear Lumasci,
Your error message is very weird… Have you tried to reinstall python and python-is-python3 ?
Have you tried to run another python code with:
python3 my_python_code.py
?

Good luck :slight_smile:
Pierre

Dear @PierreLCV
I did reinstall python and python-is-python3 and run python3 my_python_code.py. The code runs properly.

I tried to install version 9.12. Now it turns that I have t he following message:

SALOME_Session_Server_No_Server: error while loading shared libraries: libqwt-qt5.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

:expressionless: :expressionless:

you need to install the system package which ships this library, namely libqwt-qt5-6. More generally, to find which package ships a .so which is reported as not found, install apt-file tool and run:
apt-file find /usr/lib/libqwt-qt5.so.6

Here: libqwt-qt5-6: /usr/lib/libqwt-qt5.so.6