Problem installing SALOME 9.13.0 on ubuntu 22.04

When I launch the sat/sat config SALOME-9.12.0-native --check_system from the SALOME folder I get the following error:

***** salomeTools ERROR: sat config

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/home/galina/SALOME/sat/src/salomeTools.py”, line 478, in run_command
res = module.run(argv, self, logger_command)
File “/home/galina/SALOME/sat/commands/config.py”, line 1112, in run
(options, args) = parser.parse_args(args)
File “/home/galina/SALOME/sat/src/options.py”, line 222, in parse_args
raise Exception(msg)

Exception: option --check_system~ not recognized on ‘–check_system~’

Hi,
to check if we can reproduce the issue on our side and provide some help, can you share the following useful informations:

• are you running SALOME-9.13.0 ou SALOME 9.12.0 ?
  • output of cat /etc/os-release
  • output of following environment variables (PATH, LD_LIBRARY_PATH, PYTHONPATH)
  • output of python --version
  • upload as an attachment to this thread, output of : apt list --installed > UB22.txt

Regards.

Thanks for the support.

1. I am running Salome 9.13.0

I am having problems sending the other answers here (since I am a new usier?) so I am attaching them in a txt file
path.txt (1.6 KB)

UB22.txt (165.8 KB)

Can you check whether the following helps?
In a terminal, set PATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH to

export PATH=/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/games:/usr/local/games:/snap/bin
unset LD_LIBRARY_PATH 

Then, rerun command:

sat/sat config SALOME-9.13.0-native --check_system

Thanks, I managed to run the sat and see what`s missing. I will try installing them all of the run list (quite many). I hope the compile list is not needed.

1 Like

Salome works fine. Unfortunately I realized (too late) that it is salome_meca that I needed, since I also want to use code_aster. Working on Ubuntu 22 it does not seem as an easy task to install salome_meca 2020. Is there an easy way?

AFAIK, salome_meca is distributed as a singularity image file which ensures it runs on your Ubuntu.
Try installing singularity which is aimed to bootstrap the singularity image and report issue to salome_meca dedicated forum.

Hopefully someone who managed to compile salome_meca on top of SALOME can share his experience.

Regards.

thanks again for the suggestions