Plans for the development of the HEXABLOCK module?

Hello

First of all, thank you for the great platform. It is clearly the best open source platform for solid geometry modelling and meshing, among other things. With meshing, the focus is quite clearly on structural analysis, but the platform is useful also for e.g. the meshing for computational fluid dynamics (CFD). The shortcoming is in the limited support for hexahedron meshing. The HEXABLOCK module could be the tool for especially CFD meshing, but the development of the module seems to be stopped. In addition, it looks like some fundamental functionalities have somehow dropped out and the module has now little practical value. My question is, are there any plans to reactivate the development of the HEXABLOCK module? Furthermore, is there something that an average end user like me could do to help and accelerate the development?

Best regards,

• Juha
1 Like

I fully agree with @jskortel, the HEXABLOCK could very well enhance CFD meshing capabilities of the already remarkable SALOME platform.

So I also wonder whether there is any plan to reactivate the development of the HEXABLOCK module, and should be the case, if there is something that an end user could do to help.

Thanks!