One common edge for neighboring surfaces

Hello
I would like to create a pyramid from surfaces. I can’t. All ascending edges
belong to two observable faces. Unfortunately, the marked line is already used
in the construction. It cannot be used a second time. Is there a solution?

With kind regards

Py7.hdf (58,2 KB)

you can use the recovery tool. but a way cleaner approach is to use the angular copy.
Py7.hdf (81,4 KB)

Thanks Franco
The angular copy method is good. On the other hand, the method recover is very unsafe. Errors often occur when selecting the edges.
In your example, the method recover arrived with error marks. I can’t see how you did it. Only your angular copy arrived correctly.
With kind regards

You need to remove the extra features that I added for the angular creation. It is two workflow in one that’s why It gives an error. It is simply that first I did the recovery approach, then went back and did the angular repetition, nevertheless when using the angular repetition I used a feature that it was supposed to be used after in the recovery approach and this deleted a feature result that I used after that’s why it gets errors. It you want to see the other approach. You can open you original file, check the difference in features between the active features of my file and yours. Delete the ones that are not in the original and roll down to Last feature.

Hello Franco,
thanks for your post. In principle, it works. If I want to select parts from recover safely I have to make the original invisible. If I don’t do that, the selection is unsafe.
It would be nice if you could present your two solutions in two separate files for all other users.
I myself don’t need it anymore.

Thank you and kind regards

Hello,
I agree with Franco that, in this case, the angular copy is the best approach.
Otherwise, instead of Recover, I prefer to use the Copy feature (just next to it) to copy results that will be needed several times.
Regards,

Hello Fred,
angular copy is really the best solution here. I have attached your suggestion for copying the edges here. Selecting the copies is just as difficult as with the recover method. If the construction with angular copy is technically not possible, the following safe solution exists. You define a “plane” for each new page face and draw a new sketch on it. Mostly “projection” is also supported. This is cumbersome but safe.

with best regards

Py7_double_edges.hdf (89,6 KB)

Hello luve,
eventhought I think that the angular copy is a way better approach. recovery approach is as safe as the angular copy. you simply use one feature, for example ‘face’ that will ‘consume’ edges or faces where you use the edge to create your new face, then you use recovery over the face feature you just used and there you can select easily the ‘consomed’ face. as simple as that. here is the workflow only with the recovery approach.
Py7 (2).hdf (100,8 KB)

Hello Franco

that was an important explanation for me and all readers.

Thanks