Issues with running Salome (SALOME-9.8.0-native-UB20.04-SRC)

I’ve been trying to install Salome for a couple of days now and I can’t find the workaround to the last problem I encountered. I already changed Python so Python3 is used whenever I call it, I installed all the missing dependencies(but one), then I installed Salome and… When I try to open it using ./salome it outputs these lines:

ERROR:salomeContext:Unexpected error:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/jahir/Escritorio/CFD/SALOME-9.8.0-native-UB20.04-SRC/BINARIES-UB20.04/SALOME/bin/salome/", line 279, in _startSalome
    res = getattr(self, command)(options) # run appropriate method
  File "/home/jahir/Escritorio/CFD/SALOME-9.8.0-native-UB20.04-SRC/BINARIES-UB20.04/SALOME/bin/salome/", line 354, in _runAppli
    import setenv
  File "/home/jahir/Escritorio/CFD/SALOME-9.8.0-native-UB20.04-SRC/BINARIES-UB20.04/KERNEL/bin/salome/", line 26, in <module>
    import orbmodule
  File "/home/jahir/Escritorio/CFD/SALOME-9.8.0-native-UB20.04-SRC/BINARIES-UB20.04/KERNEL/bin/salome/", line 31, in <module>
    from omniORB import CORBA
  File "/home/jahir/Escritorio/CFD/SALOME-9.8.0-native-UB20.04-SRC/BINARIES-UB20.04/omniORB/lib/python3.8/site-packages/omniORB/", line 44, in <module>
    import _omnipy
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named '_omnipy'

What am I supposed to do now? I tried some methods given in other threads with no success. :slightly_frowning_face:

Assuming that : python --version returns Python 3, you can try to do the following to check that you have all shared objects installed ?

source ./
ldd SALOME-9.8.0-native-UB20.04-SRC/BINARIES-UB20.04/omniORB/lib/python3.8/site-packages/

You should have something like:

ldd SALOME-9.8.0-native-UB20.04-SRC/BINARIES-UB20.04/omniORB/lib/python3.8/site-packages/ (0x00007ffe902dd000) => /home/salome/releases/SALOME-9.8.0-native-UB20.04-SRC/BINARIES-UB20.04/omniORB/lib/ (0x00007f71e219a000) => /home/salome/releases/SALOME-9.8.0-native-UB20.04-SRC/BINARIES-UB20.04/omniORB/lib/ (0x00007f71e218f000) => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/ (0x00007f71e2148000) => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/ (0x00007f71e1f66000) => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/ (0x00007f71e1f4b000) => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/ (0x00007f71e1d59000)
        /lib64/ (0x00007f71e240c000) => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/ (0x00007f71e1c0a000)

I just did that and the output is almost the same as yours (just different memory locations), but when I use ./salome it still sends the same error message.

Thanks for the reply.

EDIT: I should’ve said this before, but I’m using Ubuntu 21.10. I don’t know if that makes any difference.

I strongly suggest you to use the universal binary in that case, since UB21 is not tested).
Please read carefully the README file about possible actions in the SALOME launcher

Thanks, I was thinking about doing that, it seems like a better option.