Issue MESH when using filter lying on geom for finner meshes

Hello,
I am having an issue with the creation of groups over one mesh (which corresponds to a geom object) using the elements of another geometry.
my code is working properly but when I run it with exact same things but only a finner mesh, salome is crashing (no it is not an issue of ram).

while doing my groups, and setting them of with the filter i am not getting any error or warnings.
the issue comes after,

• in the GUI if i hit in the ‘eye’ icon to see the group salome automatically closes.
  • in python if I run group.GetIDs() same happens.

when it crashes I am getting the following error:

*** Abort *** an exception was raised, but no catch was found.
        ... The exception is:SIGSEGV 'segmentation violation' detected. Address 0
        ... The exception is:SIGSEGV 'segmentation violation' detected. Address 9424a

... The exception is:SIGSEGV 'segmentation violation' detected. Address bb424

... The exception is:SIGSEGV 'segmentation violation' detected. Address 8bb28

... The exception is:SIGSEGV 'segmentation violation' detected. Address 6040818
        ... The exception is:SIGSEGV 'segmentation violation' detected. Address 689d3
        ... The exception is:*** Abort *** an exception was raised, but no catch was found.
SIGSEGV 'segmentation violation' detected. Address 6040818

the code works correctly when I do it for smaller meshes. it is the only thing I am changing over them.
any thoughts? if necessary I could provide the part of the code that generates the groups (I would prefere in a first time to not do it)
thanks in advance