Importing Fine STL Mesh into Salome for Meshing

Greetings everyone,

I hope this message finds you all well. I am currently facing an issue while working with puma to create an STL file. My goal is to import this STL mesh into Salome for meshing purposes. However, I am encountering difficulty due to the fine nature of the mesh, making it challenging to manipulate in Salome.

I kindly request your assistance and guidance regarding a possible solution to make the STL mesh coarser within Salome. By doing so, I believe it will allow for easier manipulation within the software.

I truly appreciate any insights, suggestions, or advice you can provide. Thank you very much in advance for sharing your expertise and support.

Best regards,

Hello jkun,

It seems to me that is possible to coarse an imported mesh in Salome. As you mentioned that your mesh is big, you will require to use TUI scripts using functionalities available in in smeshBuilder. You will require to have a knowledge of the connectivity of your mesh so you know groups of elements nearby connected between then. With this, you could use the function MergeElements (please see the documentation to learn how to use it) to turn your mesh coarsest.

Hope it helps,
Cesar