How install salome 9.12 on ubuntu 22.04

Hi, I wanted to install salome 9.12 on my virtual box an i have already installed code_saturne 8. After the downloading of the file.tar I extracted the file into the folder and here I get stuck because I don’t know how to proceed. in the file README there aren’t instructions. could you help me?

is the first time i use ubuntu

You need to make executable the Salome and mesa_salome and you run one of the other depending on your system one or the two will work

Thank for your help.
I launched mesa_salome.py and the Salome starts work.

there nothing else i’ve to do for installing it?
sorry for the question but after this i will install salome_cfd_extension and i will need a directory that now i’ve not

I can not help with salome_cfd_extension, I think it has its own forum as salome_meca and others salome flavors. for the installation, you can use the sat tool to check if you have all the dependencies have a look around the forum some users have described how to use it.

Last question.
I used sat tool for check the dependencies and everything was ok. i launched install_bin.sh and the i run ./salome. the software starts but i’ve not the salome folder in Home and i supposed it has not been installed. Probably i forgot some step. could you help me?

I dont fully understand you, you can move the salome folder to wherever you want (at least in linux)
you can do (or something similar…)
mv -r $HOME/Desktop/Salome $HOME/Salome
it is a folder and the script will find everything inside that folder so you can place it wherever you want

sorry for this question. I thought that, for each software installed, a folder was generated in Home.
thank you for your very helpful replies

1 Like