Error with import of sip python module

Hello,

in case of 9.7 and 9.8 Ubuntu versions we are facing with the following issue during salome start up:

File "/opt/Salome/SALOME-9.8.0-UB20.04/BINARIES-UB20.04/GUI/lib/python3.8/site-packages/salome/salome_pluginsmanager.py", line 94, in <module>
    import SalomePyQt
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'sip'

As I found on several forums, the sip module can be imported as part of PyQt5(6),
and indeed

from PyQt5 import sip

works very well in salome enviroment so the sip module is available (also for PyQt6).

So is there any workaround to avoid this import error? The result of that error, is that none of the salome plugins are imported.

(just a side note, this error does not occure when using the universal binary version, however the universal binary version throws error and salome crashes when we want to start the ParaVis module. Probably this error is related to graphics(card/library) problem, but happens in both cases if we are starting with salome or mesa_salomeā€¦ So if you have any idea what we should try/check, I would really appriciate it, but as I said this is a side note only, the main issue here is with the ubuntu version).

Thank you in advance!
dezsit

can you share the output of apt list --installed such that we can check what is missing in your case ?
Thanks

Hello,

thx for your response, attached the list

BR,
dezsit
installed.txt (159,8 kB)

at first glance, you seem to be missing following packages:
python3-pyqt5 pyqt5-dev pyqt5-dev-tools

In addition, run:
./sat config SALOME-9.8.0-native --check_system
for missing prerequisites and then install them. Let us know if this resolves the issue.