Delete elements of mesh

Dear forum,

I have a mesh and I would like to remove some internal faces but it seems I am doing something wrong. I attached a screenshot where you could see the faces that I have to delete.
What steps I’ve done: I created a group of faces, I selected the mesh → Modification → Elements → Filters → Filter with Belong to Mesh Group Criterion and selected the wanted group. However, it seems to delete the faces from the group but not from the mesh. Any help is welcome.
Regards,
Robert

Hi,

try to call Delete Groups with Contents (right-click on the group) to remove the group and its faces.

Best regards,

Christophe

Hello, thank you for the interest. It seems Delete Groups with Contents deletes the group of faces created, but on the “mother mesh” they are still there. The problem is that when I try to run a numerical simulation they are seen as internal/duplicated faces and I get an error. Maybe I will try with an older version of Salome (Actually I managed to delete them from another mesh 3 years ago using of course, another version). I will try with older version of Salome, meanwhile I am still open to suggestions.
Regards,
Robert

Well, it should remove faces from the mesh the group belongs to.

To check if the faces are well removed, check the numbre of faces of your mesh with right click Mesh Information before and after Delete Groups with Contents.

You can also check that there is duplicated faces with the menu Modification> Transformation> Merge elements.

To remove all internal faces (not belonging to the groups of your boundary conditions), you can:

• create a group with all the faces in Create Group, tick Face and Select all
  • call Mesh> Cut groups with this group of all faces as Main object and the other groups as Tool objects. You can display this group to check that it contains internal faces only.
  • call Delete Groups with Contents on the previously created group.
  • remove the group of all faces that is no longer needed.

Best regards,

Christophe

Dear Christophe,

Thank you for your time. First of all, if I try to merge the elements, the program says there are no elements to merge. Secondly, I created the groups only with the internal faces as you may see in the attached picture. I called the Delete Groups with Contents, it works, the mesh has now less faces (~1500 less faces). And now the strange part comes: so the mesh has less faces but when I visually check it by setting a big transparency I can still see the faces there! I thought it may be only some visualize error so I exported the mesh to perform a numerical simulation (using the Code_Saturne if it matters) and it gives back an error saying that ~1500 faces have an undefined boundary condition. I only have the mesh file so I don’t know how these faces appeared there…maybe they aren’t actually internal faces and I should convert them from boundary faces to internal faces, or something similar in Salome, and if so, how may I do it?

Best Regards,
Robert