Configure interface from python [change background & hide trihedron]

Hello,
as the title says, I am looking to set the background to a plain color and hide the trihedron from a command in TUI (in OCCT and VTK viewer). I have not found any information about this in the docs, I had a look in here OCC 3D Viewer — GUI 9.11.0 documentation and Using SALOME GUI python interface — GUI 9.11.0 documentation without luck. also I tried to see if there was any attribute (using dir()) for salome.sg, geom_gui (ie, salome.ImportComponentGUI("GEOM")
any hint in the correct direction of where to look, or how to do it would be appreciated.

best regards,
F.

Hello franco

This is not an answer to your question. But there is another solution with image processing programs. Would this be a help ?

With kind regards

hello @Luve, thanks for your answer,
I am sorry but i do not understand your answer/question. I have a script which visualize several things in the OCC and also VTK scenes viewers of salome when run it. and I wanted to as mentionned, hide the axis, and change the background color for better readability of the geometry. but my code uses several geom and smesh function, so… another solution with image processing program? or i dont understand what you mean/ can not imagine how this would be done. or you might have misunderstood my question/issue? (sorry if it is me that is not understanding what you mean)
regards,
F.

Hello franco

I guess they need a picture. I constructed the letter “F” with Salome and then changed the background with the software Krita.

With kind regards

curios on how you did it. but I still dont think that it helps me with my issue, as I want to do this actions, so the user behind (when the use the script) can interact with the shown geometry, and as i display only edges in different colors, the preset background is annoying as some edges are too bright to been seen correctly and the axis is annoying as it looks like other edges, nothing that the user can change while running the script, only that i wanted to define it inside of it so the steps are not necessary.

Hello franco

There are many options in the image editing software. Also edges of an object can be enhanced with filters.
You need to learn Krita. It it all handwork.

I think image editing does not belong in this forum

with kind regards

oh, non you miss understood me, i thought that you connected salome directly with kirta. and thats what i was asking. not editing an image in krita itself.

Hello franco

I see another possibility. Save an image as background under Salome (step_1) and then step_2 “Hide trihedron”. Instead of an image, you can also choose a single-colour *.bmp image.

yes I know this tools but I was looking to do from a TUI script not in the GUI itself… so what i was looking for is a python function to do what the change background → single color do and another python function to do the show/hide trihedron. but from the lack of this information in the doc and no reponse, i think this functions are not availables.