Change node ID by GUI or Python command

Hello All!

Do you know what is the way to change ID of the node?

Best regards
FJ

pretty sure that it is not possible to change the ID of an object… which is reasonable as it would impact higher level geometries 1D/2D/3D mesh elements

Hello franco.ota,

thank you for your reply. I would like to create a kind of mesh reader from ASCII file and I need to create a node with specified ID/ or change default one. Is it possible?
Best regards

Hello again Dear Community,

I noticed a feature feasible to renumber nodes/elements. It is Build Compound Mesh - it is able to avoid duplicates to node Ids so it is possible to renumber nodes. I hope that developers are going to add a renumber feature in the next versions.

Best regards

Hello filjan,

If I understood correctly, indeed it might be usefull to add nodes to the mesh with a unique identifier or tag not necessarily related to his Id in relation to the mesh as a whole. I you need to recover the node Id of a node that you included and was renumbered in the meshing process you can use the function FindNodeClosestTo(x,y,z) available in smeshBuilder.

Hope it help,
Cesar

Hello Cconopoima,

thank you for your hint. Unfortunately it is not what I am looking for. I need to set a specified id to the node. I read an ASCII mesh from an external file by the Python API, after that I need to export the mesh with the same ID of nodes and elems. I am bit disappointed that salome TUI does not offer such a possibility! Especially because renumbering of the all mesh is available for export from built-in gui.
Best regards,
filjan